THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED, YOU MAY STILL ENTER, WE WILL DRAW A WINNER IN THE FUTURE (HOPEFULLY). Spring break is just around and so too is the return of one of the area’s most anticipated events for “all things home,” the Denver Home Show. The three-day event, coming to the National Western Complex Friday, March 20 through Sunday, March 22, 2020, has something for everyone in the family.
Adults can find fresh inspiration, helpful tips, innovative products and fantastic deals in remodeling, home improvement, decor and outdoor spaces with nearly 400 exhibitors and experts all under one roof. Kids will be entertained with engaging activities and exhibits throughout the show.
Here are a few show features not-to-miss:
1. PETopia: New this year, PETopia features everything you need for your furry friend. Meet adoptable pets from the Dumb Friends League and place a bid on custom dog houses being auctioned off (proceeds benefit the Dumb Friends League). Adoption hours are Friday 4:30 – 7:30 p.m., Saturday 1 – 4 p.m., and Sunday noon – 3 p.m.
2. Backyard Wars: Are you looking for inspirational ideas to create an amazing outdoor living space? If so, you’ve come to the right place. The Backyard Wars Showdown is a competition of the best outdoor living spaces. It’s also a showcase of local designers who created an amazing outdoor living space specifically for this competition.
3. Sogetsu Colorado Ikebana Show: Experience the ancient Japanese art of flower arranging from the members of the Ikebana Denver Chapter #66 Sogetsu School. Come and enjoy more than 50 arrangements, ikebana demonstrations, and hands-on workshops.
4. Home Depot Kids’ Workshop: Future DIYers won’t want to miss this free workshop where kids can build their own wooden masterpiece. Designed for kids ages 5-12, but all ages welcome, this lively workshop mixes skill-building,
creativity, and safety for all.
5. Tiny Tours: See what the big deal with small spaces is all about! Tour a variety of unique tiny dwellings at the show to learn about maximizing style and function in a smaller space.
6. Sensational Succulent Arrangement DIY: Learn from the professionals of Liqui-Dirt. Experts will be on hand to answer questions and help you pick out succulents, cacti, and greenery to make your very own standout succulent arrangement to take home (with purchase).
7. Special Days at the Show: The Denver Home Show will be supporting our community through several special days at the show.
- Hero Day: All active and retired fire, police, and military personnel will get FREE admission with valid ID on Friday, March 20.
- Teacher Day: On Sunday, March 22 all teachers, and school employees will receive FREE admission with a valid ID.
- Trade Day: Also on Sunday, March 22, all home-related tradespeople or members of an affiliated association get into the show FREE with a valid ID. Business cards, association membership cards, employee IDs, vocational school and trade school IDs will be accepted.
How to win:
Leave a comment below and let us know what you’re most looking forward to improving in your house or garden this spring! We have 4 tickets, so if we have winners that want 2 tickets then we will award multiple prizes. Please note in your comment if you want all 4 tickets or just 2. Thanks!
Drawing date TBA!! Winner will be selected in a random drawing.
Entries accepted, drawing date TBA. Winner will be notified via the email address you put in your comment (not made public unless you mark it that way) and have 24 hours to reply or we select a new winner.
Show dates and hours are as follows:
Friday, TBA: Noon – 9 p.m.
Saturday, TBA: 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Sunday, TBA: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Single day tickets are priced as follows:
- Adults: $11 at the box office or $9 online at DenverHomeShow.com
- Seniors (60+): $6 available at the box office
- Children (12 and under): FREE
- Hero Day (FRIDAY ONLY): Military, first responders FREE with valid ID
- Teacher & Trade Day (SUNDAY ONLY): FREE with valid ID
For more information, visit denverhomeshow.com.