It’s the season for all things pumpkin and that means savoring the mouth-watering taste of flavorful pumpkin bread. Not only is this recipe easy to make, it’s been a family favorite for decades, a sure palate-pleaser for your loved ones.
3 1/3 cups flour
3 cups sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
1 ½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 can (15 oz.) solid-packed pumpkin
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2/3 cups water
1. In bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
2. Combine the pumpkin, oil, eggs and water: mix well.
3. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
4. Fold in pecans, if desired.
5. Spoon into two greased 9”x5”x3” loaf pans.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 to 65 minutes.
7. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
¼ cup butter
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup whipping cream (liquid form)
3 cups powdered sugar: if not thick enough, continue to add until proper consistency
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Combine butter, white and brown sugars and cream in a saucepan.
2. Cook until sugar is dissolved.
3. Cool for 20 minutes.
4. Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
5. Frost loaves of bread.